There is more freedom and flexibility than ever before to innovate and deliver exciting study programmes, alongside ensuring that we continue to focus on the high quality delivery to the world- class standard demanded by our employers.
Colleges have a huge responsibility within their communities and we are no exception. Great Yarmouth, Lowestoft and surrounding areas need our graduates to progress and add value locally to help drive the economic outcomes. We already contribute a great deal and we will continue to do much more.
Every student is supported to a planned and meaningful progression route to higher education, an apprenticeship or employment. Students are supported in their wellbeing and careers planning to develop resilience, workplace skills and the leadership qualities they will need to be successful in a 21st century jobs market.
We continuously strive to ensure that you have a fun and safe place to study and work; a place where talent can be nurtured. We achieve this through our core values and a relentless focus on our vision of excellence.
You will benefit from professional tuition:
As a student here you will benefit from expert tuition. We are very proud of our tutors, many of whom are working professionals and practitioners committed to sharing their experience and expertise with all important links into industry.
What are we great at?
- Helping students to achieve qualifications.
- Developing student wellbeing to improve their outcomes - we have won the AoC Beacon Award Commended Status two years running for our approach to mental health.
- Supporting students to plan their career pathways and progress to their next stage of learning or work. We hold national quality awards in careers.
What we are working on to improve our provisions:
- Increase the proportion of students leaving the college with English and maths 9-4 grades.
- Maintaining a strong focus, in all areas of college life, on quality improvement activity which supports all aspects of individual student achievement and progression.
Becoming part of our success:
We are proud to be dynamic, fun, career-focused, supportive, welcoming, friendly and relevant for today’s workplace – all descriptions of the college by our students.
The employers we work with across many employment sectors say we’re teaching our students the right skills for their workforces as well as how to be a good employee.